Old Tue, Dec-10-02, 10:40
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 135/143/98 Female 4'10"
BF:
Progress: -22%
Default Need help with jello recipe

Hi Again
I'm still trying to get through induction and the hardest thing for me to do without is the sweets. In the Atkins book he said that you can eat jello sweetened with splenda for a snack. The only trouble is I have looked everywhere and cannot find any sugar free jello that is sweetened with splenda - only aspartame. So I brought some gelatine powder at the health food store - it sets up like jello only no flavor. So I bought some of the Atkins rasberry syrup (no sugar - no carbs). It's not really what you think of as syrup - it's in a liquid form like water - it's just a flavoring. Only thing is - it is not sweet. So I need to add sweetner.
This is what I tried - I mixed:
1 Tbs of gelatine (this = a small pkg. of jello mix)
1 cup of boiling water
3 Tbs of the rasberry flavoring then added cold water
till it equaled 1 cup of cold liquid
Added about 1/8 tsp of stevia
Then put in frig.
It jelled just fine - but really didn't have enough flavor and wasn't exactly sweet enough - didn't want to put too much stevia in for fear of it tasting bitter - I would try sweeting it with splenda but you would have to use so much more of the splenda than you do stevia - So I would have no idea how to proportion that? With stevia it just takes a dash and doesn't really change the consistancy of what you're making.
This jello I made was eatable - just really didn't taste sweet enough or flavorful like jello.
I'm sure there has to be some way to make your own jello - I just don't know the right combination.
I was hoping someone could help me.
This would be a fantastic way to curb the sweet cravings!
I tried to find the Hunt's Jells that was recommended to me, but couldn't find them at any local grocery stores.

I sure hope someone has a recipe for homemade jello
I definetly need something sweet you're alowed to eat for a low carbing newbie.

Thanks Sharon
Sponsored Links