View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Dec-10-02, 08:11

Plan: Pregnant
Stats: 318.5/276/190 Female 5 9
BF:
Progress: 33%

Hi Anne-Marie
First off-what a wonderful pic you put up! You look great.

Secondly, if you go to the main page of the forum--under exercise there is a section called Body for Life. If you click on it, up at the top there are some stickys on what to eat and how to do BFL with a low carb twist. It is VERY helpful. Im in week 3 and still trying to tweak my foods.

Things like berries, cottage cheese, apples, fruits, etc are great. Im trying right now (with advice from our guru Nat who has been VERY successful on the plan) to be able to interchange any of my 6 meals. I eat fruit and cottage cheese for a snack. When I lift weights, I eat within 45 mins afterwards and then I have a piece of toast or something with more carbs.

Also, try glutamine--it helps. As I said, check out that site!!!!

REMEMBER!! AND THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!!! Muscle weighs MORE than fat. I have found out while on the Atkins way of life that some times I wouldnt lose a pound, yet I would go down in inches or a size in clothing. IT CAN HAPPEN. I got to the point where the scale was so frustrating I threw it out--literally. Im not joking. So now I weigh myself once a month. Also, there are people who went through a whole BFL challenge and lost 2 lbs, but went down 3 sizes and many many inches. PLEASE do not base your success on numbers on a scale. I feel that is where a lot of people go wrong when trying to lose weight and tone up. Take your measurements and keep taking those pics. YOU WILL BE ABLE TO TELL A DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!

The CKD diet---go to talk with TrainerDan or his girlfriend (and a wonderful person) Fern. Look under journals for T and F for them. Dan is a personal trainer and has a book out about CKD. They have both been very successful on that plan and like it a lot.

As far as people at the gym looking at you: ANNE-MARIE!!!!!!! You have to do this for you---you are a work in progress and judging from your pic, people are looking at you admiring how incredibly great you look! To be honest-and Im serious--I could care less what the people at the gym think of me. I was 311 lbs! I am 5 9 so yes, Im a big girl. I still went to the gym and did my thing. Now Im 261 (probably less, havnet checked) and I go and do BFL. I am oblivious to the poelpe around me. You cannot be worried about what they think--you have a PLAN and a MISSION to work out and you have to stick to it. You can plan your workouts and then get in there, do it and get out. PLEASE DO NOT LET OTHERS MAKE YOU FEEL BAD--in the long run, that is going to do nothing for you other than hurt you and YOUR progress. Keep on going to that gym

YOU have to do what is right for YOU. Keep a journal! Make one on here. You can go to journals and look at the sticky by tamarian to figure out how. You would do it under B for your screen name. People will come in to support you, to help you tweak your menu, to laugh with you and to share your accomplishments. If you dont believe me, look at my journal. I love all of those people who have supported me no matter what. When I eat a piece of cheesecake, they EMPATHIZE with me--they dont criticize me. Try it out. You will get really great advice from PEOPLE WHO ARE IN THE SAME BOAT AS YOU about vitamins, BFL, Atkins, etc.

ASk yourself this question? Who did you hurt by not going to do your cardio this morning? Did the poeple who you think stare at you live their life any differently? NO. Do you feel bad? YES So...the fact that you think others are looking at you and you are making chocies to avoid them is effecting YOU and no one else. PLEASE just keep on trucking--it will get easier and you can do this. We are here for you.

Now, start that journal. Tomorrow is a new day. Keep your head up---"Progress, not perfection"

You can do this.

Vicki