View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Dec-09-02, 17:44

Plan: Atkins KISS
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

I thank everyone for their honesty here. It's hard to do.

I binge too, but on legal foods (and not carby foods).

I'll binge on chicken, meat or eggs - eat WAY too much - or on spinach and mayo with ham or just eat too much of a lowcarb excellent (and not too many carbs either) meal - it's always on protein/fat or legal veggies...so I'm really GOOD, but I'm not really all that good when it comes to portion control. I'll bargain and tell myself, well at least it wasn't oreos or at least I'm still under 30 carbs or whatever - but I still feel like I got out of control.

Usually happens when I find myself too low in fat content earlier in the day or early in a meal. Up the fat just a bit (I can't eat tons of fat) and the urge to binge (on legal treats or legal main foods) just stops.

Fat is the food of fullness. Eat some (not tons) with protein at the beginning of any meal and snack or before you start cooking up your legal treats...by the time they are ready to be devoured (eat the whole thing) I betcha you'll only want a piece...I keep tuna and mayo mixed in the fridge. A scoop usually stops that crazy "gotta eat it all" feeling - that might come when I start cooking or eating my next meal. Insulin contol...it's all about your blood sugar. Steady as we go.

well - that's how it works for me. Still, I overdoes on protein all the time bigtime and worry and wonder how it is affecting my health/kidneys etc...it has not increased my weight however or stalled me.

N