Thread: Ketosis breath
View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Dec-09-02, 17:42

Plan: Atkins/CAD
Stats: 100/88/80
BF:
Progress: 62%

Don’t worry as far as I know ketone bodies are formed from the brake down of fatty acids in the liver, these are released by the fat cells into the blood when there is very little insulin present. They are also formed from the fat you eat passing through your body, so it’s a bit of both. BUT for your body to brake down the fat already stored you NEED to limit the insulin rushing around your blood stream, and this is achieved by not eating carbs.

So you are right, you will produce A LOT more ketones when and after you eat fats, but to get into ketosis in the first place you have to be doing something right.

As far as I’m concerned the LC WOL works because of 3 things.

*Controlling insulin by keeping carbs low and infrequent (thus not storing fat and controlling blood sugar and energy)

*Being “In Ketosis” burning both the fat you eat and the fat you’ve stored as energy, and controlling appetite (suppressing hunger).

*Indirectly causing a calorific deficit by controlling appetite with ketosis, and filling you up with fat/protein, which are nutrient rich and dense and fill you up a lot faster than flaky pathetic carbs.

So... I've gone off on a tangent, i do that sometimes. What i ment to say was "you're right but don't worry cause its supposed to do that"

-Jake