#4   ^
Old Mon, Dec-09-02, 16:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 233/208/185 Male 5'11"
BF:30
Progress: 52%
Default Food Journal

Hi Lisa,

Well, I'm going to pass on the food journal for now because I'm a little embarrassed. My meals are pretty repetitive and I haven't been going out of my way to really spice them up or add things. I'm also just getting accustomed to cooking regularly. I'm kind of like a low carb marine. My past 10 day semi-induction (some cheating) phase has been like this:

Breakfast:
Sausage and 4 eggs with cheese and lots of water

Salt craving (it hits me at some point):
Cheat by ODing on peanuts (5 ounces, probably 15 carbs)

Sugar craving (another one that hits me everyday) :
Cheat by having Atkins breakfast bars (2 carbs each, but I have four of them. Yeech.)

Lunch:
Two chicken breasts and 2 cups of broccoli and lots of water

Dinner:
Steak and 2 cups of broccoli (sometimes green beans for variety)

That about sums up my eating so far. I switch the meats around a little, I had Bratwurst one day. I put butter on the broccoli. Yesterday I finally got rid of the peanuts. I can't handle them. So I'm trying to switch to cheese if I really get the salt craving bad. Today I stopped the low carb bars. I'm trying to see if I do strict induction if I actually will lose the salt and sugar cravings. Nevertheless, since I've been eating like this my BGs have come into fairly normal range. I've also been working out. The supplements I take are garlic, mult-vitamin, CoQ10, L-carnitine, magnesium/potassium, aspirin, chromium, milk thistle. I know I have food allergies with a lot of raw vegetables (I usually don't have problems with cooked veggies) so I've backed off the salad a little. Today, however, I bought some Romaine lettuce and I'm going to see if it makes my mouth itch when I eat it. Well, you asked. By the way, I do have some Salmon I'm going to cook up, too. So there you have it. It's a little boring, but I'll probably mess with it as I progress.