View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Dec-09-02, 13:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 207/201/165
BF:32%/32%/25%
Progress: 14%

Well, Cindi, I'm actually worried that it might be too late for me. I'm 53.

Thing is, that I was pretty comfortable with my weight back in 1999. At 5'7" and 160 lbs., it was still distributed pretty well, and although I didn't get much exercise, I simply watched what I ate, stayed away from too much fat, ate small portions with lots of fruit and veggies, and managed to do okay. I could have used some toning up, and really, really, really had to be careful about how much I ate of anything, but overall I was happy with my body.

Then I moved to Eastern Europe, a post soviet country. Due to culture shock, their high fat/high carb foods, lack of access to many of the foods I used to eat here, plenty of robust beer and good vodka, and a broken foot that kept me from being able to move around much, I eventually came back last year at 30 lbs. heavier.

I managed to lose about 10 lbs. soon thereafter, but during a weeklong family-fest last Jan, I actually put the 10 lbs back on. Now, I can't seem to lose any of it!!

A couple of months back, I was doing LC, cardio and nautilus for about a month, and was really on a good roll (although I had barely lost more than 2 lbs.) when I had to have foot surgery. That, and Thanksgiving slowed me down, and I quickly regained even the couple of pounds I had lost.

Now, I'm back at the weight I was last year at this time. I've been doing Induction for the past two days, and am thinking of trying some cardio (although my foot is still healing). But, I'm starting to wonder if it's even worth the effort since I see very little change when I do.

I just can't believe how hard it is to lose the 30 lbs that it took me 2 years to gain. I can't believe I gained 10 lbs in a week and can't get it off again. All I do is go up a pound or three, down a pound or three, and that's it. My clothes don't fit well, but I refuse to buy the next size. Needless to say, I'm very unhappy. I'm even starting to feel depressed about it, and that does nothing for my motivation.

So, that's the long and the short of my sad story. I wonder if because I'm older and keep going on and off, whether I may have blown whatever chances were available to me.

Any tips would be appreciated.

AJ