View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Dec-06-02, 16:51

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 198.3/178.7/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 29%
Talking Vegetables!

Been looking to add vegetables to my intake. The hard thing is that there are not many vegetables that I like, and the ones that I do like are usually high in carbs. I just bought some romaine lettuce and celery - both were I guess I'll just have to find the ones that I can eat. I also looked up the carb counter in the tools section. That will help a lot. I like cucumbers, and to have a cup of those is like 2-3g so not too bad! It's just hard to find vegetables that I actually will like to eat that are low in carb. The meat part is easy. I like tomatoes also. I will have to really watch the vegetables though, because I can see myself going over my carb limit on those, also. I love cucumbers, red tomatoes, and iceberg lettuce. I can make a salad with that, but I can see myself overloading on it and easily going over my 20g of carbs for Induction!

From the carb counter, I found red tomatoes at 8.72g per cup (6.37g minus fiber), iceberg lettuce at 1.15g per cup (0.38g minus fiber), cucumber (peeled,raw) at 2.98g per cup (2.15g minus fiber) = 8.9g of carbs. That's nearly half of what I'm to have per day! Well, hmmm guess I could have a salad with none or 1/2 cup of tomato, and add some chopped up ham to it.

I will just have to keep experimenting and see what I like.
Sponsored Links