View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Dec-06-02, 15:49

Plan: TSP
Stats: 147/147/135 Female 5'2"
BF:?/?/?
Progress: 54%

Somersizing level 1 is how I lost the first 15 lbs. about 2 years ago. I think her books are excellent teaching tools and kind of simplify things (some great recipes also). It kind of gets one off to a positive start, especially if losing weight is a prime goal and one starts shedding the lbs..

Personally about 6 months after level one( I was very strict) I started noticing my hair thinning and nails getting brittle, so I decided to go to level 2 and used TSP as guidance at doing that. I got to where I *just* didn't want a 'carbo'meal without a little 'pro/fat' for some flavor! so naturally I was missing out on some nutrients. I also stepped up my exercise and lost 5 more lbs. I use Suzanne Somers and TSP books and recipes daily. I am kind of in between the 2, alternating, and winging it now--but still find the last 10 lbs. not wanting to leave

Maintaining is not a problem for me on either plan, but losing the last 10 is! On all 3 plans it would seem vital to eat as many vegetables as possible.

If you are in fairly good health, maybe if you experiment with it you can decide . See which works for you. I hope it goes well. Let us know.

I believe Dr. S has worked with diabetics a lot so very balanced meals are important for that.