#8   ^
Old Fri, Dec-06-02, 11:54

Plan: original 72 Atkins
Stats: 201/177/142 Female 65 inches
BF:44/44/25
Progress: 41%
Default ditto on what LisaN wrote...

and this to consider.

I have heard from others (and told myself) "what about fruits and vegetables." Well, I went through a few days of eating what I wanted and let me tell you this. When I eat without thinking about it, without dieting, without restriction, I barely touch fruit and vegetables. I usually will have one veg with dinner and if I am not too full from the other junk, a piece of fruit with or after lunch. And that is on a good day. So, if I am not going to eat the nine servings of fruits and vegetables anyway, that is no longer a valid argument for me not to do low carb.

To all nay-saying physicians I say this: if you think I am not going to eat healthfully my way (low carb), and I know I am not going to eat healthyfully your way (pyramid), isn't it better to let me do it my way and lose some weight? A lot of physicans (and others) need to wake up. How many times does it have to be said that obesity has become an epidemic?

Trust me...I don't think anyone can argue any more than I can with myself. And the bottom line is: I don't lose weight your way. I don't feel good your way. I don't have good skin your way. I don't sleep well your way. I have mood swings your way. Why should I continue to try it your way? How many times do I have to get burned before I learn? How many people have to die before you learn? How many people have to get diabetes? heart disease? auto-immune diseases?

(Does anyone have a soap box?)