#10   ^
Old Fri, Dec-06-02, 09:17
amieK

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Default Eat Right 4 Your Type

I don't mean to mount a defense for ER4YT but I thought it was interesting the link posted as a rebuttal was written by a proponent of the vegan diet.

I first learned of ER4YT from my chiropractor who recommended it to help clear up my eczema. I got out the book from the library and read it but it seemed like a really complicated program so I didn't go on it.

I started following the guidelines in Dr. Abravanel's Body Type Diet instead and noticed I felt so much better. According to him I am a Thyroid or T type. The T program is basically a LC one. This was when I eliminated wheat for the first time. When I re-introduced it I felt sick again. By this time I was on WW but still following T Program guidelines.

I determined that I must be allergic to wheat so to get confirmation of this I went on the Elimination Diet in Dr. Elson Haas' book The False Fat Diet. My suspicions about the wheat allergy were confirmed and I also discovered I am allergic to corn, soy, lentils, hazelnuts and all grains except for quinoa.

By this time it was several years after I first read ER4YT. I saw an updated version in the library and checked it out. Lo! and behold! All my allergic foods were on the avoid list for type B.

I loosely follow the guidelines for type B that I found here:

http://www.oz.net/~alden/er4yt/contents.html

It works out to be basically a LC plan since virtually all grains, legumes and sweeteners are eliminated. I'm not really strict about it in that I still eat tomatoes, avocados, chicken, pork and olives I just don't eat them as often. And in the case of avocados and tomatoes, which aren't LC anyway, I reduced the amount I eat. About the biggest change I've made is to substitute turkey for chicken as often as possible.

I guess this is just my overly wordy way of saying that *for me* LC and ER4YT are not incompatible. For others it may not work out that way. It's OK by me. As it's often said here, what works for one person may not work for another.

Cheers,
amie