View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Dec-06-02, 07:53

Plan: original 72 Atkins
Stats: 201/177/142 Female 65 inches
BF:44/44/25
Progress: 41%
Default hey, hotpatoody...

I just wanted to let you know that I too feel miserable the first three days. It is why I haven't been able to get to Atkins again yet. The first tiem I did it, I was recoving from foot surgery and took pain pills the first three days! I don't have any surgery planned right now, so it has been tough.

Also, another reason we feel so yucky is because we probably have developed food sensitivities. Don't know if you drink coffee, but when I try to get rid of the coffee I feel horrible for 3-5 days also. And this includes decaf. I tried easing into decaf and then getting off. That didn't help. But I truly believe I shouldn't be drinking it. It tasted nasty to me the first few times I tried it. But I kept trying it until I now, I need it. Same thing with alchohol. Hated it at first.

But in the meantime, I have developed some digestive problems. I constantly blame the Atkins diet, but I am not certain anymore what caused them. It could be coincidence with age. I can barely digest anything very well anymore. I have ordered some enzymes to see if it helps. That is another reason I am having trouble with low carb now. High fat food feels like it is ripping my stomach apart! I am hoping the enzymes will help. They even have some for people on high protein diets.

Good luck.