View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Dec-05-02, 20:04
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%
Default Re: collecting research info: why choose lowcarb?

1. Why did you choose eating lowcarb?

I didn't. My doctor did. I was an anti-Atkins person myself-mainly due to misinformation. I went to the doctor because I gained 30 pounds after being put on thryoid medication. I was eating almost nothing-low fat foods and exersizing like a crazy person. I lost 4 or 5 pounds in 4 months doing that. My doctor suggested the low carb diet and told me to try it for two weeks and see if I liked it. I lost 4 pounds in those two weeks. I did some reading and decided that this was right for me.

2. How long have you been lowcarb?

Since September 20, 2002

3. What have been your results?

I have lost 15 pounds since September. I have lost almost 4 1/2 inches in my waist. I have lost almost 9% body fat.

4. How difficult is making lowcarb a lifestyle change?

It was probably more of a committment for me since I am a vegetarian. I refused to go back to eating meat and was worried about this. However, there are several protein meat replacement products and they seem to be working well for me. I also have not had to give up coffee-which would have been well nigh impossible! So, not so difficult, beyond the inital adjustment period.

5. Would you consider a lowfat/highcarb lifestyle?

Not anymore. I am truly a convert. My mother and brother had wonderful success on the low carb plans. You might want to add a question about how many people you know are lcing.

Paleoanth