View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Dec-05-02, 13:19

Plan: Hybrid
Stats: 181/157/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 47%
Default I'll try to keep this brief...

1. It was an accident. I thought it was horrible for you. I joined LA Weight Loss Centers and their first week or so is low carb. I thought I was going to die, going through the 'detox', but day 4 dawned and I felt FANTASTIC. Better than I had ever remembered feeling. The light bulb went on.

2. Off and on, 2 years.

3. When I stick with it, I feel very good. No bloating, no arthritis pains in my knuckles, no acid reflux or heartburn, mood swings are almost non-existant. My immunity is awesome right now. I lose weight consistantly, if slowly.

4. The longer I've been on it, the easier it gets. Because it's not mainstream, it can be difficult to adhere to when eating out, oddly enough (or maybe not) when I am eating at family gatherings. The few times I've gone off it, I feel so lousy, that is encouragement enough to get back on.

5. NO WAY! That's what got me in the mess in the first place, thank you Dr Ornish. I gained 35 lbs, my cholesterol went from 140 to 205, arthritis kicked in, heartburn/acid reflux so bad I couldn't sleep, developed symptoms of endometriosis (which is gone now) etc, I'm sure I'm forgetting something. Besides the fact that I felt AWFUL eating low fat/high carb (and they were whole grains) So incredibly weak, tired and hungry, no, STARVING all the time.

Amy