#1   ^
Old Thu, Dec-05-02, 11:00
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 135/143/98 Female 4'10"
BF:
Progress: -22%
Default getting discouraged

Hi - I am getting a little discouraged . And need some advice.
I started the low carb diet a few weeks ago and don't seem to be doing too well on it.
After the first 2 weeks - I had lost 4 pounds.
Well, then Thanksgiving came and I cheated a little - but the next day I weighed myself and had only gained a half pound back. Started trying to do the 20 carbs a day again, and weighed my self 2 days later and had gaind another 2 pounds.
I have one of those scales that you put in your height and age and it gives you your weight and body fat.
My weight had went up and my body fat down.
If that makes any sense
Now I have always been a person that my weight goes up and down very easily!!!

I posted the other day asking what to do about BM's - having trouble in that area - So I am now taking psyllium husks. Which have helped a little .
But have only been taking it for 3 days.

This is a sample of my daily intake.
pysllium husks - 1 tbs
breadfast - low carb tortilla wrap with 1 scrambled egg and 2 strips of turkey bacon
lunch - normal serving size of turkey breast and slice of cheese
snack - 1 atkins peanut butter cup (package contains 3 - the total effective carbs for all three is 2 grams) so this would be 1/3 of 2 grams carbs.
dinner - taco salad - consisting of 1 cup romaine lettuce - ground tukey with a little bit of taco seasoning - with a small amount of canned tomatoes - topped with shredded cheese
evening snack - made myself a cup of hot chocolate - using heavy cream and water (label on heavy cream says no carbs) chocolate syrup which says no carbs and no calories (bought this at the low carb store) topped with just a squirt of whip cream (also says no carbs)
This was what I ate yesterday. And pretty much what I ate the day before.
It seems as though I am definetly staying in the low carb range.

I tried this diet about a year ago and didn't stick with it - but I really want to this time - Just feeling a little discouraged here.
I am only 4'10 - and do not carry my weight well at all - My sister who is same height as me can weigh10 pounds more that I do, and wear a smaller size -
I have always had trouble being overweight - and a year ago I was in a car accident - had a broken foot and ankle - Needless to say packed on 20 more extra pounds on an already overweight body - Just layed around with my foot up in the air and ate.

I would appreciate any help you can give me!!
Thanks !! Sharon
Sponsored Links