View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Dec-04-02, 20:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 340/340/180
BF:
Progress: 0%

Nat, I am not trying to make this hard on myself, I am trying to find something that works for me at this point in my life.... I have struggled for a long time with all this, and now I am at a point where I just don't have the discipline to put myself much of the misery I get from very LC eating as I have done in the past. I know for everyone this is not the case, but it sure is for me.

It's easier for me to go liquid than eat limited qnty of food. This is my biggest problem, food makes me want to eat more food. Its not all Carb addiction, it also is food addiction and a complulsive behavoir that I possess. Whereas if I drink liquid drinks there is no thinking, and no over eating.

With my workouts, 100 g of carbs a day is not much. I can easily stain in ketosis on this amount. Without the workouts, well, no, I would not remain in ketosis. I have monitored this in the past.

Your statement about fat keeps us in ketosis has me a bit puzzled. I realize eating fat helps ketosis, but I never thought it was the cause of weight loss level of ketosis? Cutting the carbs seems to be the engine that starts and maintains the ketosis process, right? I do plan to put a tablespoon of healthy Omega 3,6,9 oil in my drinks. I was hoping the relativeily low carb, normal to low protein and normal fat, would have a combination of low calories and yet still produce and maintain ketosis with workouts. The drink also will have a heavy dose of mix powder greens to maintain nutrition.

I know this approach may seem odd, but I just have so many issues that I am desperately trying to custom fit something that will work which is tolerable. I have done Protein power before, and Atkins, etc. This I feel is an alternative approach that will remove the food angle and also keep me in the state I need to be in to loose - Ketosis. I felt the glucose was simply a better way to introduce the fuel into my body..... but you are making feel this is not the case? Thanks for your help.