#10   ^
Old Wed, Dec-04-02, 13:47

Plan: original 72 Atkins
Stats: 201/177/142 Female 65 inches
BF:44/44/25
Progress: 41%
Default I'm afraid I can't help much...except

to confirm what you all are saying.

I never had problems until after I low carbed. Not only am I at a weight now I had never seen before, but I also have all kinds of stomach problems. I used to pride myself on having a "cast iron" stomach and now I fight a daily battle of one kind or another. I am convinced that low carb did this, and I am also convinced that every time you go off/on, off/on...it makes it worse.

Before I went on LC, I ate what I wanted without consequence (other than weight gain), but even then I maintained at about 25 pounds above my ideal. Now, not only do I have several intolerances to different foods, but my weight doesn't budge unless I low carb. Now, I know you can develop intolerances and digestive problems at any time, but I am not talking years here. One December, I wanted to lose 25 pounds, but felt good otherwise. The next December, I not only felt like crap all the time, I couldn't eat normal anymore, and I gained 12 pounds in two weeks. And we won't even get into the carb cravings that I never had until I did the first low carb.

Anyway, this time, even though I am doing low carb, it is not the drastic low carb of last time. It is very moderate while I am hoping that something will get back to normal. I would not care one whit about being 25 pounds over my ideal now if I could just get my system back to normal! (And I do care about being 40 pounds overweight.)

Good luck!