View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Dec-03-02, 11:00

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 125/125/125 Female 60
BF:
Progress: 59%

I wish I knew the secret of the "jolt" that got me stared. I had received a call from my sister that she was diagnosed with diabetes (my 3rd sibling with diabetes). I'm in the high risk group. I had known for months that I HAD to diet. I had gained over 40 lbs. in the previous year, my feet ached all the time, and I was down to two pair of jeans and a couple of tops that fit. I had tried over and over to start a diet, and never made it to dinner time. I dieted myself right up to my top weight ever.

The one thing I remember about getting started this time, is that I simply promised myself three days. I bought a case of bottled water, a couple of grocery-store cooked rotisserie chickens, salad fixin's and blue cheese dressing. That, along with eggs and bacon for breakfast was all I ate for those three days. I found it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, once I got over the "hump", that is the decision to just go ahead and do it. Then, after three days, it became so easy! I found certain items that I have for "treats", that keep me motivated. (For me....I don't stick with the "no-caffeine" rule, so I love a cup of coffee with real cream. In the evening I have a glass of red wine. Sometimes, I'll savor a small piece of brie cheese for dessert.)

Good luck. You can do this. Believe in yourself. Then, just DO IT!

Tami