View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Dec-03-02, 10:08
Registered Member

Plan: Scarsdale
Stats: 196/172/145 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 47%

Thank you so much for your good advice! You're right, I need to break up my goal into small reachable goals.

I bought $125 worth of meat and protein stuff on Sunday and still have not started the WOL. I had toast and cereal for breakfast. I'm truly an addict, like a smoker is. I know that sugar is a drug. I will start today at lunch.

Also, I know I should show my kids the example. They eat far too much sugar and carbs. They don't like meat or vegetables. I have to say that I offer veggies at every meal but they follow my husband's example and don't eat them. It will be a battle to get them to eat in a different way. But for their own sake, I have to make the effort.

I will take a before picture and hang it up. I don't allow myself to be photographed because I can't stand looking at myself. It's true, unless we have a photo of our fat self in front of us, it's easy to forget what we look like.

Thaks for all of your good advice. I promise to stay close on this forum. I will ask my doctor if he could recommend a support group in my area. That's a fabulous idea. I don't want to die from diabetes.