#4   ^
Old Tue, Dec-03-02, 09:00

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%
Thumbs up Welcome

Hi Meek

I also was touched to read your introductory post. You must have been really bewildered by the pace at which you put on all those pounds. It is interesting just how that drug effected your insulin levels and hence with so much of it swilling around in your blood stream the extra carbs that you ate that were not needed for energy went straight into your fat cells. The one good thing is that the situation is reversable and with you being so young it should be relatively easy as you should not have developed significant insulin resistence.

I agree with Cindy, start a journal to keep track of your day to day progress. Put it in the M to Q section. I will be around there as it is the journal section I haunt most. I find my journal a great motivator. Why not visit a few journals and see what others get up to.

In living the low carb way of life you will soon feel incontrol of your eating patterns and also you should feel emotionally better and able to deal with life as your seratonin levels improve. I wish you every success with this way of life. Your goal is achievable and there are lots of other benefits to be had along the way.