View Single Post
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Dec-03-02, 08:16

Plan: Hybrid
Stats: 181/157/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 47%
Default Glad you're feeling better...

The symptoms you describe are just what I went through the first time I went low-carb. I had been doing high-carb/low-fat, so it was a BIG change. I've eaten various levels of carbs since then, sometimes not exactly low-carb and I've noticed that when I go back on 'induction' the symptoms are never as bad as they were that first time. Hopefully you are 'over the hump'.

I have had low blood sugar problems, too and I just try to make sure I eat SOMETHING every 3 hrs or so. Protein, especially. Even if it's just a little, although you should make sure you are getting enough in by the end of the day, of course. Don't forget the green veggies, too.

I know how scarey those feelings can be, I thought I was dying. It was bad... Hang in there, you seem to be on the upswing now. The only other piece of advice I can give, from my own experience, never go back. Every time you do, it's harder to get back on track. I haven't had any kind of grain or potato in 3 months now, and don't even miss it. I do indulge in something with real sugar now and then, or some rice, but not much, and never more than 1 time every other week. I notice no ill effects from it. I believe my body is healing quite nicely from the blood sugar problems I had.

Good luck to you!

Amy