View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Dec-02-02, 19:44

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 256/179/160 Female 68 inches
BF:38.9/27.2/24.3
Progress: 80%

the shake I use, EAS low carb, has F/C/P 4/2/15. On days I do weights I add 4 oz of egg beaters which adds 0/2/12. Every day I eat a protein, at least, with each of 4-5 meals. I average just over 100g Protein/day.

I had trouble on induction exercising...I think at that point the carbs were a bit low. I use Atkins with Protein Power and BFL for the weights. I've been doing cardio, 30 min 3X/week and weights (currently only 1 set for each body part...recuperating), takes about 30 min, 3X/week (Normal routine takes 45-50min).

I've lost inches (down 2 sizes) and lost 44 pounds (gained back 6 over theholiday). I've also greatly improved my strength and endurance.

So...yea, I guess it can be done! Well....low carb can be.

Personally, I won't try any of the supplements out there that are formulated for specific reasons. A general meal replacement drink is all you need.

I do, however recomend the Body For Life program....for exercises anyway....they're low-cat high carb all the way....but do have a few lc products (EAS). BFL exercises are a great way to get in shape fairly quickly....if you push it. For this plan, the weight session takes around 45 min/day 3 times a week and cardio session takes 20 min/day 3 times a week. http://www.bodyforlife.com/

Good luck and welcome!

Cindy