Old Mon, Dec-02-02, 19:11

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Re: Calories

Quote:
Originally posted by jai
I've been doing the Atkin's Induction phase for 3 weeks and my weight lose so far is - ...-7.2 kg

Is the balance of Calories/Fat/Protien/Carbs/etc. OK? Am I within the Atkin's Induction rules?

Hi Simon Congrats on the 7.2 kg! (That's just over 15 lbs for those not up with metric )

Simon, you're right on track. The dramatic loss your first week was mainly water; the more water bloat you're carrying around the more you'll see disappear when you cut out the carbs and you body gets rid of what it has stored. I think I lost 16 lbs those first two weeks (Yes, I was very bloated!) The slow down on the scale is an indication you're burning fat now; something you want. It's also something you want to be slower and more consistant; this type of fat loss is more easily sustained and maintained.

LC is a wonderful way to lose the fat, fix your metabolism and do it all enjoying great food; it's not a quick fix (despite those amazing first few week results)

If you're losing, feeling good and enjoying your menus there is little reason to change anything Those ratios are spot on (they're perfect) and those calories look very good (eating too much will inhibit fat burning, but eating too little will also inhibit this as well).

Looks like you're doing great to me!
Nat