View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Dec-02-02, 12:08
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, under 30/day
Stats: 335/289/185
BF:
Progress: 31%
Default Re: Just finished Induction, please help..

Quote:
Originally posted by LCD1962
I first did Atkins Induction a couple of months ago and lost 8 pounds. I then maintained that weight loss for a couple of months.

8 pounds is an excellent beginning. If it was only a few months ago, that weight loss may be part of why this attempt is moving slower.

Quote:
To get under that magic number of 150 pounds, I started Induction two weeks ago today. After Day Four the scale showed I had lost 4 pounds. I weighed this AM and the scale reads the same thing, 146. Eventhough the scale only reads a four pound loss, I can tell a HUGE difference in clothes, waist, neck, etc.

You have 30 total lbs to lose. If you lost 4 lbs, that is more than ten percent of your total. Losing ten percent of the total desired loss seems to be appropriate for the first two weeks of Induction.

Quote:
I do have a thing for the Atkins Indulge bars and the Carbolite Sugar Free bars (0.2 net effective carbs) and I have at least one of those bars a day but when I have more it's no more than two.

A lot of people will tell you that the Endulge bars and other sugar-free snacks can impact you as full carbs, rather than the net carbs listed on the package. This can slow or stall weight loss if a person is sensitive to these sugar-alcohol carbs. If you have a problem losing later on, you might try cutting back on these.

Quote:
Is a four pound loss really small after induction?
How much weight can I expect to lose on Induction?
How can the scale only read a four pound loss when my clothes and friends' comments indicate more like a ten pound loss?

You lost MORE than the expected 3 lbs (10% of total). Your body is changing your weight from fat stores to lean muscle. Lean muscle weighs more than fat, but looks much slimmer. You're not only losing fat, you're losing inches! In other words, you're doing GREAT! Just hang in there!