View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-02-02, 10:59
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 150/145/128
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default Just finished Induction, please help..

I first did Atkins Induction a couple of months ago and lost 8 pounds. I followed the rules well except I did have Low Carb bread (4 carbs a slice) numerous times while staying within the 20 carb a day limit. I then maintained that weight loss for a couple of months. To get under that magic number of 150 pounds, I started Induction two weeks ago today. After Day Four the scale showed I had lost 4 pounds. I weighed this AM and the scale reads the same thing, 146. I have been in ketosis since Day 4 and have had NO bread, NO fruit, limited caffeince and just a little bit of Half and Half with my ONE morning cup of coffee ( I measure the cream religiously)
Eventhough the scale only reads a four pound loss, I can tell a HUGE difference in clothes, waist, neck, etc. Here is what I usually ate in Induction:
Breakfast 2-4 pieces of Non nitrate bacon and 2-3 eggs scrambled with real butter.
Lunch-using my George Foreman grill ( l love it!) I eat either a hamburger with cheddar cheese or a couple of Oscar Mayer all beef hotdogs (1 carb per dog, no sugar) along with some lettuce and a carefully measured tablespoon or two of Full Fat Caesar dressing.
Dinner- sirloin steak or burger with a salad OR some cooked string beans (fresh) or cooked asaparagus.
A sugar free jello with Redi Whip. I do have a thing for the Atkins Indulge bars and the Carbolite Sugar Free bars (0.2 net effective carbs) and I have at least one of those bars a day but when I have more it's no more than two. One major difference on this second round of Induction is I did not do any cardio or weights because several months ago when I did Induction I did cardio every day and weights three times a week and I got really dizzy. I have never been a good water drinker but this last week I have been drinking at least 8 glasses a day and taking my vitamins. I am going to do Induction for week 3 (this week) to see if I can lose more on the scale and I am going to return to my active schedule of cardio and weight training this week as well.
My questions to you guys (if I have not put you to sleep yet) are..
Is a four pound loss really small after induction?
How much weight can I expect to lose on Induction?
How can the scale only read a four pound loss when my clothes and friends' comments indicate more like a ten pound loss?
Thanks so much,
LCD in Dallas
Sponsored Links