View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Dec-02-02, 08:07

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 125/125/125 Female 60
BF:
Progress: 59%

Wow, Allison! That's great that you actually lost weight while on vacation. I am exactly the same weight as when I left, and I'm thrilled. I agree that cruising is a great way to vacation simply because of the choices available, and the fact that they do bend over backwards to please you. I didn't request special sugar-free desserts, but did see them offered on several occasions. Since they also contained flour, I avoided them. I did have a sugar-free jello dessert one night that was delicious. I had the cheese plate as my dessert selection several nights. I adore brie cheese!

We were on Holland America's Zaandam. We've cruised on Royal Caribbean and NCL a couple of times as well, and I've found each one to be very accommodating. Yes, there is food available 24-7, but it's relatively easy to stay on program simply because this program allows you so many delicious, filling, and satisfying choices to prevent feeling deprived.

I've never returned from a cruise without gaining several pounds (yep, I even had a 10-lb. gain on one cruise when I had been on a strict diet prior to leaving). But the really odd thing is that I can't remember ever enjoying my food better than this cruise. I think it must be that a "treat" is more of a treat if you don't have it all the time!

Tami