#11   ^
Old Sun, Dec-01-02, 20:41
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Jerry!

(edit: I posted at the same time as Lisa. I don't mean to sound like a parrot. )

>>"So until there is a pill to rid insulin resistance..."

Has a doctor confirmed your insulin resistance? ie with a glucose tolerance test with insulin levels? If so, Glucophage (metformin) might be an option. It helps reduce blood sugar and insulin levels. It's being used increasingly to treat women with PCOS, for example.

Now, purely for the purpose of brainstorming, are you certain that the brain fog is lack-of-carbs related? Have you considered picking up a cheap glucometer to check your blood sugar levels? Some people (like yours truly) will experience symptoms at a high or low level, and it's not necessarily outside of the "official" normal range. But you can figure out your patterns and your "personal" reference range.

Is there any other pattern to the brain fog? Could you be deficient in some nutrient or another, like potassium? Do you have any symptoms of depression? Are you on any medications that could cause the 'zombiness' as a side effect? You don't have to answer those questions; I'm just tossing ideas out.

Anyway, take care, and good luck finding the balance you're seeking.