Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, under 30/day
Stats: 335/289/185
BF:
Progress: 31%
Default Re: Dress Sizes

Quote:
Originally posted by mkathy6
Just a quick question that I hope someone will be able to answer for me. How many pounds do you have to lose to get into a different size. I'm down 21 lbs but I'm still fitting into my clothes, just much better. I do tend to wear a lot of elastic stuff so it will last me a lot longer with my ups and downs. So how much poundage can a lose and be in a new size? Thanks.

For me, it's more than I've lost. Yes, my jeans fit better, too, but I can't quite zip the next size down. I feel pretty good about not ripping out the side seams of the ones I'm wearing, but look forward, a bit anxiously, to being smaller in ways that show.

Something I did, and it's very vain but it helps me, is to print out a picture of me from before the diet and tape it to my mirror. It is an extremely UNflattering picture, showing every bulge of my face, all the double chins, etc. When I see that picture next to my current face, I can actually see a difference for myself. Not only that, but some of my friends have seen it and gasp in amazement - they hadn't realized the difference, either, because they see me frequently.