View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Dec-01-02, 12:56

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Everyone has a right to their opinion here as long as it's expressed respectfully. When opinions differ, perhaps it's good to just agree to disagree and move on.
I'm sure that those who founded PETA had good intentions and that perhaps they still do, but when they start allying themselves with groups like ALF who are considered a terrorist group by the FBI, it doesn't do their reputation much good. You are, after all, known by the company you keep.
I agree that animals should be protected against cruelty and neglect and that there are many fine organizations that have that as their objective such as local humane societies, animal shelters and the ASPCA.
Whether you are vegan for moral or religious resons, I can respect that. If you don't have a moral objection to eating animals, I respect that as well; I personally don't.
Since TMR posted what she did here and not in the vegetarian forum I don't think she wasn't posting to deliberately offend the vegans on this board; it was just a bit of humor based on her perspective/opinion of PETA.

As Sigmund Freud once said, "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."