Old Sun, Dec-01-02, 12:52
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Quote:
Originally posted by Scarlet
Well PETA does a lot of work to try and stop animal testing, I know that for sure.

I know you all thought that was funny but I don't and surely I am entitled to express my opinion?

Hi Scarlet, yes, everyone is entitled to think what they want about PETA.

However, I don't think low-carbers would sympathize much with PETA's agenda. True, on face value, they appear to be defending animals and advocating against animal abuse. But in reality, they think eating animals is abuse, which has no logical bases. Animals eat animals, why don't they protect animals from being eaten by other animals? If they did, they will be responsible for endangerment of all species.

So, they are only against one animal, humans, eating animals. So it is not based on logic, it's based on religion, mainly veganism. They're not just vegans, who don't eat meat, they are vegans who don't want anyone else to meat. They want us all to be vegans. And they are willing to do anything in their power to stop everyone else from their natural birthright to eat animals, just as we did from our earliest known origins.

Not to mention the various terrorist methods they use to spread their beleifs, they just don't make sense. And if you don't make sense, it's natural that people will make such comments, since they really look foolish, except to their followers, and to those who don't know much about them, except the headline/mission statement, in isolation of their reality.

Being against PETA, does not mean someone doesn't love animals, quit the contrary.

Wa'il