View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Dec-01-02, 12:39
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, under 30/day
Stats: 335/289/185
BF:
Progress: 31%

You might just need a partner! Is there anybody in your group of family or friends who would be willing to support you by joining you in this WOL? When I started, I was alone in my family, but I had a friend I saw once/week who was supportive. Even so, with junk foods in the house all the time for the other family members, I would have had a much harder time staying with this way of eating. Thankfully, my son and husband joined me on Atkins and we've all had great success together - it's a VERY supportive environment.

Perhaps, if your spouse realizes that without Low-Carbing you're headed to blindness, kidney failure, high medical bills, and who knows what all else, he might be - at the least - supportive and encouraging? Perhaps you have a neighbor who has always wanted to lose weight but no "diet plan" ever seemed to work? A friend who would pat you on the back every day?

You know, if nothing else, you've got us - here. If you have nobody locally, log on here every day for a daily dose of willpower. It's a great place.