#12   ^
Old Sat, Nov-30-02, 15:25

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

In her second post:

Quote:
According to the Hellers, when you spread carbs throughout the day or eat more than 4 times a day, in a Carbohydrate Addict (CA), this causes multiple and recurring insulin surges and carb cravings.

Therefore, when you get off induction and start adding back in some of the carbier vegetables or other than allowed CAD/CALP foods and spreading them throughout the day, you (CA) cause increased hunger/cravings and accompanying weight stall/gain. You (CA) find you have the need to eat every two hours and are often hungry and unsatisfied.

Many CAs on CAD/CALP only eat 2-3 times a day. Once their insulin is under control, they just are not hungry more often.

She makes it sound like people that follow Atkin's eat more meals than CAD followers which isn't true. We both eat pretty much the same amount during the day. I mostly eat 2 meals a day sometimes 3, and very rarely snack. Which is why I said I would love to see her research materials. This is the blanket statement I am refering to. I don't know many Atkin's followers that eat 4 times a day nor every 2 hours. I think this statement alone sends the wrong message to people.

As for the nuts. Well I can't answer that because Atkin's doesn't say in his book eat nuts every day. It's a personal choice. I chose not to eat them mainly because they are too dang salty for my liking.

In the confession booth you find people of all plans falling off the wagon. Protein power, CAD, Atkin's, Sugarbusters. I think there are more Atkin's people due to the fact it is a more publicized and popular diet than CAD.

I think my main point is: Be a little less opinionated and more objective when comparing plans. Like I said it's not which one is wrong. Neither are. It's not which one works better. They both do. It's totally up to the single individual person following the diet, and you can't fault that on the diet itself if it fails. Can we?

Have a pleasant rest of the weekend.