View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Nov-30-02, 14:30

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

I actually think you missed the point of my question.

I realized it was her opinion. I can read and comprehend the english language very well thank you.

I asked how she came to her conclusion that ONLY Atkin's Induction works for the Carb Addict while Atkin's OWL does not. Since both are very similar in the plan, the only difference being the carb levels. Instead of answering that she chose to quote Heller findings, but I do not recall Hellers ever saying Atkin's didn't work.

Making a blanket statement that Atkin's followers eat every 2 hours or more than 4 times a day, is also a false claim as I know very few that eat that much. I simply asked for references, study/research materials that lead her to believe what she wrote. It's not a personal attack on her in anyway. I merely am curious as to what has lead her to her opinion.

She posted her original opinion on Nov 1, and bumped it up just today so everyone could see it one more time. I figured she was wanting someone to debate her on the issues since she keeps bringing it to the top of the forum.

I firmly believe both diets have their followers for various reasons. Neither is right or wrong. Both work for different people. I know plenty of carbohydrate addicts following Atkin's that can not follow CAD, and plenty that can not follow Atkin's that do just fine on CAD. I for one fall into the can't do CAD.

This forum is ment for Low Carbers in general and is not ment as a bashing ground for one diet over another. It is not ment to prove one diet is better than the other. We support each other in one goal and that is to lose weight. It doesn't matter which diet you chose to follow.