View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Apr-18-07, 10:21
Dazilous

Plan: NeanderkIF
Stats: 140/114/110 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 87%

OMG - those twists look deadly! But more fun than any other ab move I've seen. I hate crunches, actually I hate all ab work. It's so BORING. I don't mind the hanging knee lifts, but my arms tire out before my abs do and I get frustrated! I will try these today. The BF will love these too.

Here's where I'm at this week so far:

Back squat - still the bar. Add weight! I worry about my back too much.

Assisted chin-up: taking off 95lbs, 10 less than last week

Longpull: 50lbs, but I hit 12 reps so will increase weight today

Seated Calf Press: 70lbs (up 10lbs) I have to do these standing. Used to do them in a squat machine thingy, with padded bars on the shoulders, but the weight I was pressing (once I got over 100lbs) was too hard on my shoulders and I got a hickey from the pads! How naughty. So perhaps I'll drag a step bench into the squat cage with me and do 'em there, or in the Smith machine.

Romanian Deaadlift: 45lbs - at the time, I feel like I could do heavier but the next day my hamstrings are SORE. Still, I can hit 12 reps so should increase - today I'll go 50lbs. Taking it slow.

Upright Rows: 35lbs (still at 10 reps)

Girlie push-ups

Shoulder Press: 15lbs (have increased my reps on this)

Curls: 25lbs (increased reps)

Assisted Tricep dip: still taking off 110, but reps increased

I can't wait to see improvements today! I increase at least one move each time I go (either reps or weight). I really want to fiddle around with this, bc I love trying new moves, but will hold steady for now. Really, the perfect workout for me would be to have a bunch of different ones made up on paper, stick them in a bowl, and every time I hit the gym I close my eyes and pluck one, then see what I'll be doing that day.

Hmmm....

Good news: the BF is finally adding some leg work to his routine, bc he doesn't want to look like a "buck chicken", in his words. He's a tall, thin guy and needs to balance upper/lower, cuz he's got some skinny legs!