View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-27-02, 04:03

Plan: Atkins/TKD
Stats: 164/150.5/125
BF:
Progress: 35%
Question Newbie weight training question

Hey all - this is my first post in this forum, so apologies in advance if i ask something that's already been asked......i used the search function but haven't found an answer to this specific question....

I just started my weights program today (I've done weights in the past, but haven't for a fair while).....but I've been doing a weights-based aerobic-style class for the past week - Pump (based on the Les Mills system if any of u know it - all the classes at my gym are very Les Mills oriented)......it's basically a fairly high speed workout using a barbell - covers all the major muscle groups.......i love it - can really feeeeeeeel it workin *lol*

Anyways, obviously I can't do Pump and my weights program on consecutive days, cos I know you have to give your muscles a day to recover.........but, i don't want to give up my Pump! Ideally, I'd just do them one after the other, so it'd be like a 2 hour session........but, that's not possible with my schedule. My Pump class is an hour before work, so I can't stick around at the gym after it to do weights..........I can't go back until lunchtime.

So, my question is, how long after a session do muscles start the repair process? I know they're doing that the next day.....but does it start even within a few hours of a session? In other words, would it be okay for me to do my Pump class, then go back a few hours later and do my weights? Or would that be bad for my muscles? I'm going to be doing weights 3 days a week - and I'd like to do Pump on 2 of those days.....

Okay, I'll quit rambling now - sorry for being so long and drawn-out...........thanx in advance if anybody has any advice!!!
Sponsored Links