View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Nov-27-02, 01:47

Plan: Syndrome X
Stats: 254/218/200 Male 6'
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default The Calorie Thing...

The thing all these critics keep pointing out is that it really needs to be all about calorie restriction...and I see it here again Dr Dean's comments...it was also mentioned in some of the side interviews in the Heart Association article last week...

Why do these medical professionals (who supposed to be "people of science") continue to promote this oversimplification as if its helpful to overweight people? I think I can speak for many people around here when I say that the medical community does a tremendous disservice to overweight people by ignoring the metabolic process and the effect that blood sugar/insulin have when we gain weight.

Anyone who really needs to lose and is serious about doing so has to work against this process to be successful...merely focusing on caloric intake clearly is not enough and unless these critics are willing to address this in their criticism and counter-advice, they are clearly not interested in helping people lose weight, attain good health and acheive a better life!

Fight On!

Brian