View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Nov-26-02, 17:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/170/145
BF:
Progress: 44%
Hi there,

I've been on Paxil for over 10 years now and I'll probably be on it for the rest of my life.

My feeling is that the benefits far outweigh the side-effects (including the weight gain!). Yes, it probably will slow my weight loss, but once I've found an anti-depressive that works for me, I don't want to mess around with that delicate balance. I'll just have to go slowly on the weight loss.

I just finished induction on the Atkins WOE and I've lost 10 lbs in 14 days, so it hasn't slowed me down too much (if at all).

Are you certain it's the Paxil that's chilling your weight loss and not some other variable? Before weaning myself off an antidepressant that works otherwise, just to hasten weight loss, I'd look at my lc plan and be certain I'm following it correctly.

Are you under the care of a mental health professional or are you getting your Paxil from an internist or ob-gyn? If you are seeing a psychiatrist talk to him/her about your concerns. After all excessive weight is not good for your physical health or your mental health. If you're not seeing a psychiatrist...see one. They really know best how to diagnose and treat depression better than an internist.

Hope you find the right pill for your needs.