View Single Post
  #24   ^
Old Sun, Mar-18-07, 23:02

Plan: Weight Loss Study
Stats: 203/134.2/130 Female 63 in
BF:
Progress: 94%

I posted this in the Weight Training Buddies thread, but I'll put it here too so I remember it:

Hi ladies! I've been staying loyal to my strength training plan - working out with my trainer once a week and on my own once a week. I also flipped through a copy of New Rules of Lifting this weekend. Great book! Lou has a great attitude toward exercise and fitness. One of Lou's rules was basically it's ok if focused strength training isn't for you - ust make sure you're doing something. That combined with his statements about endurance and muscle building activites being counterproductive to each other is what made me decide not to buy the book right now. For right now, my primary focus is on running (endurance) with enough weight training to maintain and maybe slightly build muscle. At some point in the future, I probably will buy it, but probably not until next fall or winter, when the running dies down for a while.

Lisa's post about how much she can lift now reminded me of a wonderful result of weightlifting - I can lift both my kids at the same time now! My boys are over 30 pounds each and trying to lift one or both when they're acting up is a challenge. I haven't really been able to do it for any length of time since they were closer to 20 pounds each. I went out to dinner with the family the other night, one of the boys started acting up, and I was able to carry them both out of the restaurant fairly easily while DH paid the tab. Woohoo!