Old Sun, Nov-24-02, 14:39
Registered Member

Plan: protein power
Stats: 171/155/120 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 24%
Question Mood and Low Carbing

Hey Everyone,

I am back behaving myself after an extended vacation in France where it was both difficult and expensive to stay on program...or maybe I just didn't try hard enough. I was wondering, though, if anyone else noticed a dramatic mood change when LCing...now that I am back to my 'real' life, eating properly and starting to exercise regularly, I feel so much more positive and clear headed. I am not talking about a minor effect. I really became moody and though I tried to hide it, rather irritable as if a black cloud was hovering overhead. I also felt strangely indifferent to the whole vacation experience. I dont think I'll ever go on vacation again unless I have access to a kitchen. I just found it so hard eating in restaurants every meal to maintain my healthy WOL. The wine + too many desserts + not enough water + not enough protein seems to have really affected me.

I really noticed that after a week back, a certain feeling of control over my life and general well being. Does anyone know of studies that suggest that LC does impact on mood? For the first time in my life, I think I understand what people are talking about when they describe a chemical depression...

Glad to be back,

Thanks for your support over this last year,

Jenn
Sponsored Links