View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Nov-23-02, 12:00
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 176/152/145
BF:
Progress: 77%

I'm certainly going to eat full carb meals again, but not as frequently as I did before.

Also, winter is coming around and I do a huge amount of excercise in winter. Last winter I lost about 7 pounds just from working out, so I'm expecting to be able to eat more and maintain this winter.

As for my carb intake - I'm not as strict as everyone here. It's not that I have cheat meals, it's just that I don't count by carbs down to the last gram - I would find it impossible. I TRY in my mind to stay below 25g of carbs - some days I'll go below some days I'll go above a bit.

When I lose about 5 more pounds I'm going to see if my target is realistic, and then slowly begin to eat carbs again.

What I should mention is that if I went back to the way I was eating in the US I have no illusions that I'll put on weight. But the way I was eating in Europe caused me no problems - I always maintained at all my weights. It is in the states that I put on weight and fast. I think that if I go back to the way I ate 1 year ago when I was closer to my target weight I should be able to maintain.

Of course I'll have to find what works for me. If I begin to put on weight again I'll just lower my carb intake and vice versa.