#5   ^
Old Sat, Nov-23-02, 09:27
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 221/154/145
BF:41.56/28.7/26
Progress: 88%
Default Carb Addict.....Me Too....

I am also a carb addict....actually to be more specific...a sugar addict. Sugar is like crack cocaine to me. All my life I have lived for the next sugar binge. Be it chocolate donuts washed down with a quart of chocolate milk or a whole cake eaten one tiny sliver at a time...I lived for sweets.

I did not know how damaging sugar was to me until I went to a class reunion with my husband 3 weeks ago. I was handed a homemade fried peach pie...and I ate it. It was wonderful. However, about 6 hours later, a massive headache set in. This headache did not let up. I was literally paralyzed on the couch from the pain. The only thing that got me up was the massive nausea from the pain. Ended up throwing up and then dry heaving until the wee hours of the morning. No one else got sick so I can only assume it was by body rejecting the sugar and not food poisoning.

Needless to say...my adventure with the fried pies has left me scared to death of eating sugar or attempting a sugar binge. A good thing since the holidays are coming up!

Good luck. You can do it. I am the weakest willed person on the face of the earth and Atkins rescued me!