#4   ^
Old Fri, Nov-22-02, 18:41

Plan: Schwarzbein - since 10/6/02
Stats: 265/242/165
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default Re: Hello & Schwarzbein Question

Quote:
...my blood pressure is inching up and need to stop the inevitable walk to the heart attack.

I've been on Schwarzbein for 7 weeks tomorrow, and I have already noticed a significant drop in my blood pressure. I started at 135/82 and now I'm down to 128/70.

Quote:
I am much better at not eating, then I am at moderation -- this is why not eating any sugar is much easier than just eating a little.

I find moderation easy on this plan (for the first time ever!). I never feel hungry or deprived, in fact, my biggest "problem" is trying to make myself eat the snacks I am supposed to when I really don't feel hungry for them. Overall, this is the easiest diet to stick to that I have ever been on, because I'm not having any cravings at all.

Quote:
Questions: Schwarzbein seems to be easier to follow than Atkins or Somersize because you can include a little bit of carbs. But does this prevent consistent weight loss?

It hasn't prevented it yet in my case. I've lost 21 pounds in seven weeks, and more than 24" of flab from all over my body. I suggest that you take all your measurements (including arms, legs, etc) and keep track of your loss in inches as well as pounds. Since TSP is intended to help lose fat AND increase muscle, and since muscle weighs more than fat and takes up less space, there may be times when you aren't losing weight on the scale but you are losing inches.

Quote:
Most importantly, what are the long term and maintenance benefits of Schwarzbein?

My long term goal is to be healthier, and I chose this plan out of all the others because it seemed to be the one that was focused on becoming healthy and balanced, not just on losing weight. As you can see, I have lost weight, but to me the health benefits I have obtained are nothing short of miraculous, and that is far more valuable to me than mere weight loss.

Good luck!

~Isolde