#15   ^
Old Mon, Feb-26-07, 12:46

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 262.2/247.2/204 Female 5ft 1/2 inch
BF:
Progress: 26%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyChat
I have seen many threads lately started by people asking others to join in and list their favorite high carb feast that they would eat if they could eat carbs again. Things like "What did you NOT eat today." and "Last Supper", and "Eating at Your Worst".

I have not looked at these threads beyond the original posts because I don't feel it's healthy to dwell on "oh, I MISS doughnuts!" and "If I could, I would eat a huge Hershey's bar with Almonds".

Pining away for the old "friends" you had when you were eating sweets and other carb foods that were not good for you, is a formula for failure in my opinion.

Any "diet" has to be a LIFESTYLE change in order to work. In order for it to be a lifestyle change, one has to change the way of thinking from "I can't" to "I choose not to". Otherwise, all it takes is one bad day, and your old "friends" will be calling you from the snack cake aisle to come see them and stay a while. And you'll answer with a big YES!

Stop dwelling on the things of yesterday and look forward to the day when you can slip into a size you haven't worn in ten years. You'll feel much, MUCH better!

Its funny how two ppl get two such different points of view! I looked at those threads and thought of it as a way to kiss these old 'friends' goodbye. And while I did not start any of these threads, Im pretty sure I participated in at least some. Im not sure why you thought you'd make ppl mad. Having discussions on varying points of view is what this is all about, and you are entitled to your opinion. We are all free to participate or just continue on to the next thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine
You assume that discussion = dwelling and pining. That's where I think you're wrong. I have no problem discussing the crapola I used to eat.

..and thinking about how I'd like to tell these 'old friends' to kiss my butt. Im with you there Kristine. I am only getting started at this LC way of life, and when I was discussing licking the "good stuff" off the zesty doritas, I just shook my head! I really used to do that! (talk about crappola!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayDoh
i don't usually care to say what i would have if i could, no use dwelling on that, but a thread like what i did not have, that works for me. it is a small victory in a large battle.

Congrats Playdoh! every victory, no mater how small, is still a Victory!

All in all, Judychat, I'm glad you started this. Better to have ppl's opinions aired and discussed.