View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Nov-22-02, 06:47

Plan: carb/calorie cycling
Stats: 187/134/128 Female 1,59m
BF:36%/25%/21%
Progress: 90%

Back again.. when I calculated the number of reps in the BFL approach which I liked except for the inequality of exercises (12-10-8-6-12 for one and just 12 for the other) I came to 60 reps total. For the 8-6-4 that would just be 2 times 18 = 36.. somehow it seemed like a too large difference. So this morning i added the 10 back as a warming up set.
It feels better that way: 10-8-6-4.

Now I am having 2 upper body days, 1 lower body and 1 full body day (tomorrow with spinning and upper body wt with some extra wt for areas that get neglected otherwise, like hip adductor/abductor). I could also break up the lower body exercise and do some of that on Saturday instead? Eg. I used to do quads, hams, gluteus and calves in one day. Especially adding the gluteus was a bit of overkill.
The calves can easily be done separately on an upper body day as they are small muscles. But the gluteus is one of the largest muscles. Though some may say that the deadlift already targets the gluteus, I like doing them separately. Apart from vanity, it is also because I used to do a number of these exercises as part of a rehab program for improving a foot problem (step up and dumbbell lunge).