View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Nov-22-02, 03:09

Plan: schwarzbein
Stats: 200/172/140
BF:
Progress: 47%

Breakfast can be any meal you enjoy. There is no law that says you must eat eggs at breakfast, My favorite meal for breakfast was steak. I fixed it over the summer and my hubby loved starting the day with a hearty substantial meal. Keep nuts (raw almonds) handy for snacks. Raw carrots are my friend. Recently I have been stuffing mushrooms with my turkey meatloaf, and they make a great snack cold and on the run. I add raw carrots and I'm balanced. (oatmeal in the meatloaf is my starchy carb.)

Make this as easy on yourself as you ease back in. Don't beat yourself up and enjoy the way you feel. Shwarzbein has a cook book that is wonderful. She gives some really good easy salad dresssings and many great meals. We have varied her terrific blue cheese recipe by changing out the blue cheese for feta cheese. Since I love rich creamy dressing and blue cheese is a once in a while thing on this plan, we tried the Feta and it is really good. Even dear hubby likes it.

I don't know where you live, but, Alverado Street Bakery makes a California bread that is 8 carbs per slice and utterly delicious. I was eating before SP. Trader Joes has some low carb bread products too. I also keep ry krisp type crackers handy. The one I like is WASA fiber rye. 5 countable carbs per piece. I love it with just butter .

It takes a little prep time but you can do this. Good luck and welcome back to the fold.