#7   ^
Old Thu, Nov-21-02, 15:36

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 195/176/125
BF:too much
Progress: 27%
Default It can be an exercise Deb!

I totally agree!
I laughingly think of all those dr that are getting brave enough to say "do low carb".. and then in the same breathe say..but not atkins.
Which would be fine.. but do they REALLY know what it is?? Most media get it wrong.. when they talk about what I eat in a day.. pounds of bacon and 5 or 6 hamburgers in a sitting is NOT it :-)
Of course I am not doing the Atkins diet..but the journals that I read of the folks that do.. seem pretty sane to me..
Then there was my date last weekend. A date I didn't want by the way. He had aged dreadfully in the last couple of years.. and had that pot belly that you see on so many older men that do aerobics, and nothing else, and eat veggies.. and nothing else. or so he said while he tried to make me feel like an idiot for doing a controlled carb diet.
I didn't drink the pop he bought, and I didn't eat the popcorn.. he said. don't be afraid. I didn't add extra butter. He was shocked when I said.the butter is not what scares me! LOL
I then refused the Krispy Kreme that he tried to push in my face..
Not sure when ornish added those to his plan.. but that being all equal.. why does it bother people that I prefer water to pop, and not to eat the junk food??
If someone can explain that to me I would love to get a clear answer.. LOL
Not supposed I will get it on a board full of healthy eaters!!
Poofie!