View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Nov-21-02, 12:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 226/198/140
BF:
Progress: 33%

I think these doctors who "interview" ex-Atkins dieters probably look around for people who go to extremes no matter what food plan they follow. People who aren't willing to follow the instructions and insist that if low carb is good, no carb must be better and so on. These will inevitably fail when they can't keep up the unrealistic extreme version of the LC diet they put themselves on and then will play the blame game to avoid responsibility for not following the correct instructions in the first place. These doctors like these people because it seems to give them justification and it helps them shore up their faulty reasoning.

You notice they never talk to the thousands of us who use the plan correctly and with success!

People make me laugh with their willful blindness on subjects that don't conform to their ideas. Most of us LC'ers acknowledge that LC may not work for everyone and for these intentionally ignorant individuals to impose their rigid opinion as a blanket statement that applies to all people strikes me as being supremely arrogant.

I way why waste your breath on those determined to find fault and to nit pick the issue to death. We can be serene happy LC eaters who will enjoy our improved health and well being for the rest of our lives while these poor ones will fret themselves into early graves by trying to shout down the evidence before their eyes.

Don't worry about it, just be happy with YOUR life. You can't live someone else's.

Deb