#8   ^
Old Thu, Nov-21-02, 11:32
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%
Default Just an observation.....

I've been around these boards for 8 months and this topic has been debated 1000's of times.... and this is what I've noticed:

1) If you're 30+ lbs overweight, it seems that counting calories is not essential for losing weight.... eating until you're satisfied (not stuffed) works out alright for limiting calories. Ketosis also curbs the appetite for some and that also helps. This isn't always the case, however....and some have to really watch their calorie intake in order to lose weight. HOWEVER, "watching" calories only means that your intake should be reasonable.... try using 10-12x your ideal body weight as a guideline.

2) As you get leaner, it gets a little tougher to lose those last few pounds...the body is reluctant to let go of those reserves! If one has <20 lbs to lose I've observed that limiting calories to a reasonable level, tweaking carb levels and adding regular exercise seems to work best.

So.........the answer to your question is: It depends!! Every individual is different. Patience and a willingness to try new approaches are highly essential elements for long-term success.