Old Sat, Feb-10-07, 14:45
Registered Member

Plan: DiPasquale Radical Diet
Stats: 301.5/260.2/260 Male 71
BF:25%/?%/15%
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoa182
Yes animals refuse to eat. There are many forms, or ways of inducing anorexia. The point is, you can't diagnose someone with anorexia just based on weight alone.

That's the point. If animals are 'induced' not to eat, it really isn't anorexia is it? Do you get to take a logic class in school?

Quote:
Maximum lifespan for a rhesus monkey is 40 years, which corresponds to 120 year human years. We both have around the same maximum lifespan.

Really, put away the airplane model glue. The point being, this is a maximum lifespan for a monkey raised in a cage eating monkey chow, not a natural lifespan of a monkey living naturally on a natural diet. It's really not that hard of a concept for the properly fed brain. That was my point, I'm pretty sure you got it but chose an end run. I don't even know how to address 'both have around the same maximum lifespan' falsity. Maybe they do maths different across the pond.

Quote:
The food used in the monkey studies is food less likely to induce things like diabetes and heart disease in rhesus monkeys. This is merely your opinion on the food they're given, it counts for nothing.

It's a valid criticism that you won't admit and can't answer. Don't you have the least bit of intelectual curiousity? Isn't it strange that humans fed a natural diet don't seem to develop diabetes or heart disease at all? I suspect that monkey fed a natural diet would fare as well, not merely 'less likely'.

Quote:
This is without the help of Calorie Restriction, the only well proven method of extending maximum lifespan.

Sorta. For lab raised mutant rodents and monkeys where the control group is fed an unatural diet and kept in unatural conditions this might be true. Oh! And the noseless fruit flies! How did I forget! Where are the human trials? They didn't all come to their senses and quit?

Quote:
Men who avoid certain risk factors in midlife may have longer, healthier life
"risk factor models based on cumulative risk factors (survival risk score) suggest that the probability of survival to age 85 years is as high as 69 percent with no risk factors" [CRONies mostly have NONE of the risk factors].

Wow, that is big news. Lifestyle choices can affect your lifespan. *yawn*

Quote:
Because they weren't CR'd all their life maybe?

It's your freaking data that you mention every other post, don't ask me to explain the poor results. MAYBE it's because CRON doesn't work well?

Quote:
Where is the evidence for this?

Been posted before, but you didn't read it that time and you wont read it this time. Curiously, you did admit at one time that low cholesterol was associated with some mental problems. Anthonly Colpo's book would be a good general reference tho, lots of studies you wont read. Of course it is kind of a LOW-CARB reference, so you won't want to read that, eh?

Quote:
I am constantly busy from 6am to 10pm at night. I have to fit in my exercise either during my hour break at college, or in the mornings if I have time. I said I play

Curiously, you did admit at one time that CRON REQUIRED you to curtail some of your soccer. I don't know what changed between now and then, but I will be kind and assume you 'forgot'.

Quote:
There is no good evidence that it wont work.

I didn't say it wouldn't work. But a PhD expert said that the expected return for a lifetime of denial, obsession, compulsion and starvation induced chastity was a few percent increase in maximum lifespan using, in part, the data from the vaunted skinny Okinawans of yore. You could address his analysis but that would require critical thinking skills.

Quote:
It's clearly not getting through to you that hunger is not a problem for CRers who are doing it right.

It's a common complaint, and many quit because of the hunger. The particular person I referenced was from an article you posted. Maybe you could send him an email and tell him he doesn't know what he is doing.

Quote:
You both are alike, you don't listen and believe what you want.

I take that as a compliment, though I'm not sure it's deserved in my case. It's called "Critical Thinking Skills", you ought to get some.

Quote:
What exactly can a low carb book give me in terms of learning about life extension and known ways to achieve it?

Well, you might not have noticed (it certainly seems you oblivious) that this is a LOW-CARB SUPPORT FORUM. It would certainly seem polite to read at least one freaking book on low-carb so you could (hopefully) intelligently discuss low-carb, regardless if you agreed or not.

On another note, why are unable to post without repeatedly editing your posts? It's very rare you can get through a post without editing it, usually within the hour. Is that a positive sign of the CRONbie mentality?