View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Feb-09-07, 11:28
Butter Tastes Better

Plan: Atkins OWL / IF-23/1 /BFL
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 34%

What I am saying overall is that as long as a mentally competent adult makes a decision about what steps are best to improve their health/longevity etc. that they should be free to do what they want. I am opposed to articles like these that make broad accusations, conflate CR with anorexia (it doesnt matter if a CR and anorexic look the same, even if CRon was an eating disorder based on a mental illness - which I am not saying it is - I think it would be classified as a different disorder) and give no legitimate justifications for what they say.

I am not posting to defend CRon per se, I am posting against seeing "journalists" post these baseless hit and run articles that try and attack other groups. These same journalists write the same style articles on low carb diets, often claiming things like they ate no carbs for a week and became sick etc. Its the same type of junk article that this forum is filled with and I would hate to see people who criticize the same style article when it touches upon something they agree with (low carbing) and legitimize it when it deals with a subject they may not agree with (CRon).

As far as the CRon movie, I dont believe I saw it. I may have seen a frontline on it or something like that. I am sure the CRon people in this movie are shown to be very strange. Either way, my posts were not written to try and defend the CRon lifestyle, I would have posted about this article style no matter what the subject was about because of the way it was written. I am not the most articulate person in the world and english isnt my first language but I hope I am conveying my thoughts clearly enough.