Old Fri, Feb-09-07, 09:00
Taking MY Turn

Plan: Intuitive Eating
Stats: 240/220.8/190 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi
Yes, the swiss ball is a stability ball, and it's also known as a fitness ball/gym ball/exercise ball as well. I would actually use 'fitness ball' myself, but I used 'swiss ball' when describing the Russian twist because that's how Lou Schuler refers to it in NROL.
I use "stability ball" but as long as we're talking about the same thing it's MUCH easier for me to envision!

Quote:
Can understand why you're combining the cardio and resistance for convenience. Pleased to hear that you do your resistance work first, and cardio second

As I said, all things being equal, I'd love to split up the days. As a matter of fact, I am today (will do cardio today). But for most times, the convenience really helps keep me going and keep balance with everything else I have to do. My next step will be to mix things in from there, such as more yoga. (Are you doing a class, videos, or just stretching that you know?

Quote:
As for HIIT, am I enjoying it?? To be honest, not really, because I hate running (and it kills my shins) but I do enjoy how quickly it is over and done with! I might try doing it on the stationary bike next week to see if it feels any better. I would love to do it on the rowing machine, but I really don't think that my shoulder is quite up to it just yet.

Now THAT is an honest answer! LOL You know I feel that way about the days I do the treadmill...I used to adore it, but it's no longer my favorite. Still, being able to sprint/run/jog for a bit does create quite the impact. I wonder if it's any better than pushing myself on the bike or elliptical, though. But I continue to do it so that I'm constantly mixing up my cardio and not getting in a total rut. Right now I'm still doing it longer (30-45 depending on day, mood, equipment) but as soon as I'm on my own again I'll be trying out what you do.

It's all outlined in NROL, right? I will ask for the book for my birthday, I think.